Wednesday, January 7, 2009

One year old!


Today is my baby's birthday. He is one year old! At this time one year ago I was on my way to the hospital. I can't believe it has been a year. I can't believe I have a toddler now. He is an actual kid, not a baby anymore. He walks, talks, and eats like a big kid. It is amazing what he has accomplished over the last year. I think I'll tell him his birth story today, not that he'll understand what I'm talking about, but I think I'll tell him anyway.... the story of how he came into the world and made me and ryan parents.

The last year has been a major blur, due to sleep deprivation, and re balancing my entire life and priorities. Here is what I remember...

Month one: a blur of sleeping, feeding, sleeping feeding, sleeping feeding, yet somehow I didn't seem to get any sleep or food.

Month two: trying to get out of the house, lots of crying, and more feeding, sleeping, feeding, sleeping..

Month three: Surgery for me, getting into a routine, started getting the hang of going out with the baby, sleeping better, still lots of feeding.

Month four: I quit my job, we remodeled our soon to be new house, I finally started feeling better after the surgery, less sleeping, still lots of feeding...

Month five: we moved, Lucas stopped sleeping at night, unpacking, started going to moms group, met some friends, less feeding...

Month six: still no sleeping for us, still unpacking, lots of mom's group activities, lucas starts eating solids in an attempt to fill him up and help him sleep longer.

Month seven: Lucas is sleeping with us, eating well, playing alot, starts sitting up and playing by himself a little, we are still not getting any sleep.

Month eight: I finally give up and let lucas cry, he starts sleeping better, I start sleeping better, he starts crawling, and everyone is happy.

Month nine: Lots of playing, eating, sleeping, and fun times for all of us.

Month ten: Lucas is walking, we babyproofed the house, I can finally get things done at home, we are eating and sleeping well.

Month eleven: Lucas is running, talking, feeding himself, and I start wondering if I may be ready for another baby...

Month twelve: I am happy to finally be able to have some time to myself, Lucas is playing by himself alot now, we are all eating and sleeping well and happy. I definitely am not ready for another baby yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation! Leave me a comment and I will love you forever and ever...

Related Posts with Thumbnails