Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Write To Be Happy

Writing, for me, is as much a necessity as chocolate. or lip gloss.

it's just one of those things that I have to do. to stay alive. to stay sane.

to understand myself and my own emotions.

it is how I get through difficult times, and it is how I celebrate joyous times.

I am more me when I write than any other time.

I'm not a speaker, I'm never the life of the party. I'm the quiet observer.

I take it all in, I process, and I write. I go through my daily life as mom and wife, and at the end of the day I can't rest until I've released a little bit of that energy through writing.

I am Suzanne Jeanette. I just turned 30 years old. I'm a stay at home mom to two wonderful little boys, and a wife to my tech-geek husband. I love my family. They keep me laughing every day, and they are my reason for being.

I have three goals for this blog:

1. To share my thoughts and ideas with anyone who will listen.

2. To meet and inspire other writers and moms who can relate to my thoughts.

3. To help other moms like me understand that we can find ways to do things for ourselves every day - caring both for our bodies by giving them what they need, and our minds by doing the things we love to do, and involving our children throughout the process.

I stumbled upon a quote about a year ago:

Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. - Max Ehrmann

It really sums up what I am trying to get at. We need to be gentle with ourselves. We need to realize that we too are delicate beings that deserve to be cared for. We need to make the time we need to care for ourselves. Find an outlet, and show our families what we love to do. Get them involved. Make the time we need every day to do the things that keep us happy and inspired. That is why I started this blog. Because I need to write to be happy.

What do you need to do to be happy?

I used to have a pile of notebooks next to my bed. I wrote poetry, stories, and free writes about whatever was on my mind at the time. These notebooks got me through high school and college, through my journey from adolescence to adulthood, through a period of depression and anxiety, and through my early dating years. They helped me realize who I was and who I wanted to be. Now, those notebooks are in a nice little box in the attic. Now, I blog. All my thoughts, ideas, and emotions are here for you to see. I hope you like what you see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation! Leave me a comment and I will love you forever and ever...

Related Posts with Thumbnails