Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Vacation is BACK!

My First Crop of Sweet Peas
I haven't had a summer vacation since 2002, just before my last year at UC Santa Barbara.  If I remember correctly, I spent that summer waitressing at night, working for my mom by day, and hanging out with my friends and future hubby in my spare time.  We stayed up late, slept in late, went to movies and clubs, took road trips, and acted like the twenty somethings we were.  

Now, 8 years later, it's summer vacation again.  Mommy and Me preschool is out for the summer, and come end of August, Lucas will start real preschool.  I can't believe it.  I really just can't believe it.  It has sort of hit me that when fall comes, I will no longer be the only one that cares for him all day long, that teaches him about art, nature, or music.  He will be out in the great big world without me, learning from his teachers, developing relationships with friends, growing up.  I don't know if I'm ready for this. 

So, I'm going to distract myself with some fun ideas for the kids and I to do this summer. as well as some weekend ideas for us as a family.  Goals to aim for during the next few months, I guess I should call them.  Here goes:

Swimming Lessons
Making Peach Pie (from our tree)
Disneyland
Lots of beach days
Berry picking at Underwood Farms (and maybe another pie)
Fourth of July Fireworks
Lots of Art Projects
Ant Farm
Bubbles
Slip 'n Slide
Neighborhood Waterpark
Lake Casitas Water Park
Cotton Candy and Roasted Corn at the VC Fair
Ojai Farmers Market
Lots of meals from our garden
Watermelon Sorbet
Home made popcicles


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun is to be had!! I have a list also :) It includes much beach time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done it again...I love the new look!

    PS. Time with Gramey;~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we had a good fair like VC!! Sadie will also be starting preschool in the fall- they are gonna love it!! Have a super fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your list...that sounds like a great summer and i have to say, i'm pretty jealous of your peach tree! yum! : ) that was always my grandma's specialty!

    ReplyDelete

Please join in the conversation! Leave me a comment and I will love you forever and ever...

Related Posts with Thumbnails