Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Time Out: Back in the mood for words...

I've been in photography mode since Sunday and have barely written more than a few words this week. But, I am inspired again! Can you tell?!  I made myself a pretty new blog header to go with my pretty green stripes, and I'm enjoying my pretty new layout.  I love it! 

And that familiar feeling is back.  That NEED to write feeling.  Today, I suddenly began experiencing the withdrawal from weeks of wordless-ness and blogger's block.

Thanks to all the fun and creative activities I've been doing in Boot Camp this week, and all the great comments and conversations on blogfrog and flickr, my mind is overflowing with thoughts and emotions.  Happy ones.  Good ones. 

Right now, honestly, I just feel very content. I am satisfied with how things are in my life right now. Normally, I'm trying to get to the next step, working to make something prettier or cleaner or just plain better. Always trying to do about seven things at once. And, always feeling a bit like I'm losing my mind.

Today, I'm done with trying too hard. I'm done with wanting to be perfect. I'm done trying to be who other people want me to be. I'm just content. being. me. Really.  And, if there's one thing I've learned so far in this creative journey, it's to be one hundred percent ME, and let everyone see who I am. 

2 comments:

  1. I love what you have said here! I feel the same way too much of the time and it's hard for me to let go of the expectations that I put on myself. I'm so happy that you are in a place of contentment with yourself. That is where God wants you to be. I love the new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! What a great feeling--a celebration!

    ReplyDelete

Please join in the conversation! Leave me a comment and I will love you forever and ever...

Related Posts with Thumbnails